100 Things to Do in 2019: A Yearly Bucket List Game
This page may contain compensated links. For more information read our disclaimer.
Want more gratitude and fun to come your way in the new year? Feel like you never do enough with your weekends and time off? Why not try writing a list of 100 things to do in 2019?
Making your life better can come in many shapes and forms, but in the end, it is up to you to take actions that move your life forward in the direction you want it to go.
Have you ever stopped and written down a list of things to do in a year, a month, a life that will propel you in the right direction? Have you ever written down yearly bucket list ideas of activities that you know you LOVE doing, but never get the time to do anymore? Do you need some new things to try in 2019 to make your life more fulfilling?
Then this is the perfect game for you!
2019 is going to be YOUR YEAR! To do more, to be happier, to live your best life. And to manifest all of this, all you have to do is write a list of things to accomplish in 2019, and then do them along with me!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Premise of 100 Things to Do This Year
Each new year, I like to build up excitement for the coming year. This is an activity I sometimes do with my friends, where we write down a sort of 2019 bucket list, including items of things to do in the coming year. To be clear, this is not a “100 things to do before you die” life bucket list. But instead, it is a list of fun things to do in 2019 only.
It can include bucket list items you’ve already done in the past or new things you haven’t tried yet, and have been meaning to do. It can also include things you’ve done before and want to do again, like going camping or volunteering. Have a think about other cool things you’re already doing in 2019 that you can add to the list.
The idea of this yearly bucket list is to get you doing activities that you wouldn’t usually do, and it helps push you to do them. It’s also a good way to get you thinking about things to do on a Sunday, things to do in the summer or things to do when you’re bored to get you active and outdoors. Make 2019 a year of crossing off cool bucket list ideas, gratitude and pushing yourself to get more out of life!
Want to Play Along With Me?
Do you want to watch my yearly things to do game on Instagram play out? Come and play along with me! We can help each other stay motivated and share each other’s happiness when we achieve a new goal.
For me to stay up to date on how everyone’s yearly things to do checklist is going, use the hashtag #100Things2019. I’ll be reposting achievements from my followers on my Instastories too! I can’t wait to see your life get so much better in 2019, let’s do this!
RULES OF THE GAME: ‘100 THINGS TO DO’ LIST
For anyone playing at home, here are the rules to the game of 100 Things to Make and Do in 2019:
1. Take a piece of paper or notes on your phone and write the numbers 1-100
2. Write a goal to accomplish or fun thing to do (it can be things you’ve done before and you enjoy
3. Keep your list concise and split things up if needed (e.g if you want to lose weight, split it up into smaller achievable goals like -1kg over a series of points so you can tick them off one by one)
4. Keep in mind that this is a list of 100 new things to do in only 365 days, meaning you’ll be doing one item every 3.6 days. Don’t make your list unachievable, keep it simple!
5. Smash into 2019 with a fun and achievable list of 100 goals to accomplish this year and get excited for the year ahead!
My List of 100 Things to Achieve in 2019
If you are struggling to come up with 100 things to do in a year, check out my 100 cool things to do in 2019 bucket list.
1. ✘ Travel to a new country
I always love discovering a new country – though from Australia it’s kind of hard since it always involves a flight. I’m not sure if this one will be achievable in 2019. We will see!
2. ✘ Travel to a new place in my home country
Super achievable in 2019 and I dare say I’ll tick this one off in the first month 😜
3. ✘ Go camping
One of my favourite things to do – hopefully it will involve a beach and some booze!
4. ✘ Have a bonfire on the beach
5. ✘ Sleep under the stars
6. ✘ Sleep in a hammock
I’ve been meaning to sleep in my parachute silk hammock for ages. 2019 will be the year we do!
7. ✘ Hike for a day
8. ✘ Swim under a waterfall
9. ✘ Swim at night
This is always a mental battle for me but I love pushing myself to do things that scare me!
10. ✘ Buy a souvenir
11. ✔︎ Dance on the beach
Check out my Instagram Stories to see this hilariously stupid clip…
12. ✘ Learn to cook a new cuisine
This will be Mexican food for me for sure! Mexican in Australia is sub-par. I want to make it taste like those delicious street food stands in the Yucatan 😋
13. ✘ Cook a 3-course meal for friends or family
I did this in 2017 and it was epic! I made Patron Martinis, coconut prawns and salt baked chicken. It was an absolute hit!
14. ✘ Take a cooking class
I have never done one before and I really want to. it will have to be overseas though, since Australia is too expensive!
15. ✘ Learn how to make a new cocktail
I have my eyes on a Mezcal Margarita – I lived for them in Mexico!
16. ✘ Try a new cocktail
17. ✘ Try a new type of alcohol
18. ✘ Pay for a strangers drink or food
I have always wanted to do this. I’ll be making a conscious effort to do it in 2019.
19. ✘ Volunteer for a week
Last year I volunteered in Guatemala at Ix-Canaan (who bring health, education and opportunity to the people of the jungle) and it was lovely. I hope I can do something just as rewarding this year.
20. ✘ Go vegan for a month
Actually, I’m aiming to go vegan for 3 months but I’m not sure how my body will react so I wanted to put a month here in case I don’t make the full 3 months. Everyone else should do
21. ✔︎ Give things I don’t use to charity
22. ✘ Donate money to charity
23. ✘ Buy something for someone I love
When it isn’t even their birthday or Christmas…
24. ✘ Do a good deed with no expectations
25. ✘ Pick up rubbish that isn’t mine
Heard of 3-for-the-Sea? It’s where you pick up 3 pieces of rubbish when you leave the beach. I always do this! I also like to pick up rubbish if I’m angry and need some time alone to think.
26. ✘ Send flowers to someone
27. ✘ Go on a road trip
28. ✘ Soak in a hot spring spa
Hot springs are one of my favourite things ever and I always try to go to as many as possible!
29. ✘ Get a professional massage
30. ✔︎ Go for a walk on the beach
31. ✘ Watch the sunrise
32. ✘ Do a self-guided walking tour in a city
I would like to start doing posts on self-guided tours. So I’ll have to do some “market research” and start going on some myself!
33. ✘ Go to a speakeasy bar
A Speakeasy Bar is one that you need a password to get in. Sometimes they don’t even have an address. It’s super exclusive and you feel so important when you get in!
34. ✘ Stay in a treehouse
There are SO many cool treehouse accomodations out there! I found loads of cool treehouse hotels in Europe that I hope to try out!
35. ✘ Stay in a bungalow over the water
36. ✘ Stay in a seriously cool boutique hotel
37. ✘ Couchsurf with a random person
38. ✘ Do a house sit
Last year, Jodie and I did a few house and pet sits around Mexico and found it was a really good way to stay in an area for a long time and really enjoy the area while stopping and being able to work for a while.
39. ✘ Do a pet sit / look after a friends pet
40. ✘ Quit drinking for a month
The year before last, I quit smoking all together and last year I really reduced how much I drank. This one should be easy and very welcome in the new year!
41. ✘ Go out for a big brunch with a friend
42. ✘ Eat street food
My favourite type of food!
43. ✘ Eat out at an expensive restaurant
44. ✘ Eat something weird / unusual
Last year I tried scorpion, Mondongo (cow stomach) and cow tongue tacos. This year I’ll be keeping on trend and hopefully trying some things equally as weird.
45. ✘ Photograph the Milky Way
46. ✘ Drink a cocktail with the sunset
47. ✘ Host a weekend getaway or holiday with family (or friends)
I totally love locking my loved ones up in small spaces, feeding them and just spending quality time together. Since I have travelled the last 1.5 years and not seen my family, this is a well overdue activity.
48. ✘ Plant a tree
49. ✘ Go cycling
50. ✘ See a movie at the cinema
Just got tickets to the cinema for Christmas so this one will be easy to tick off!
51. ✘ Visit a beach I have never been to before
52. ✘ Head to a costume party in an epic costume
No idea yet what party or what costume but it shall be epic!
53. ✘ Go surfing
54. ✘ Do a zip line
55. ✘ Ride on an ATV, scooter or motorbike
I’d actually love to get my motorbike licence this year, but it will depend on where I end up basing myself.
56. ✘ Go snorkelling
57. ✘ Walk on a suspension bridge
58. ✘ Make a snow man / sand man
I may not get to the snow this year, so if I don’t it will be a sand man!
59. ✘ Attend a same-sex wedding
After only receiving equal marriage rights in Australia in 2018, I am so excited to be attending my very first gay wedding in April this year.
60. ✘ Go on a date night with someone special
61. ✔︎ Fly my drone
62. ✘ Attend a live music gig
63. ✘ Go wine tasting
64. ✘ Partake in a high tea afternoon
I do love a high tea but they are always expensive. Will definitely be making the effort to go to one in 2019.
65. ✘ Smash my to-do list
Just one time this year I’d like to tick off everything on my weekly to-do list!
66. ✘ Play a round of twister
67. ✘ Skinny dip / go to a nude beach
68. ✘ Read a book
I just bought Millionaire Fast Lane after a blogging group suggested it and my mind is already blown after only reading the first few pages! I can’t wait to get stuck in.
69. ✘ Do a headstand
70. ✘ Explore an abandoned building
Abandoned things are totally my thing. Whenever I see something abandoned, I always want to go and explore it!
71. ✘ Spot an endangered or rare animal
72. ✔︎ See an Australian animal
So far, I have spotted 2 goannas and a kookaburra!
73. ✘ Catch a ferry
74. ✔︎ Go skateboarding
75. ✘ Buy a new piece of furniture
76. ✘ Complete 10 hours of learning to speak Spanish
I will either being doing more Duo Lingo or also scrawling Spanish sentences down while I eat breakfast with my girl.
77. ✘ Exercise at least 3 times per week for a month
78. ✘ Meditate 5 times per week for a month
Loving this app Calm for it’s seriously good meditation sessions!
79. ✘ Make a new friend
80. ✘ Watch a TV series I’ve been wanting to see
81. ✘ Google my name
I’ll let you know how this goes 😜
82. ✘ Save money for travel
I’m hoping to save at least $1, 000 but hoping to save a lot more than that!
83. ✘ Learn to play a strategy game
Strategy games are good for keeping your mind alert. Last year I learnt backgammon in Turkey, this year I’m keen to learn a new one!
84. ✘ Hand write a letter to someone
85. ✘ Create something handmade
I need to keep my creative muscles active – I haven’t done much handmade for a long time!
86. ✘ Create a video and upload it
87. ✘ Paint a picture (on canvas)
88. ✘ Plant a herb garden
89. ✘ Get new camera gear
This is seriously LONG overdue!
90. ✘ Learn how to use new gear
91. ✘ Learn a new skill (digital)
I’d love to learn some more Adobe design skills to make the blog even prettier!
92. ✘ Attend a conference (TBEX)
I’m booked in to attend TBEX travel conference this year for the first time and I’m SUPER excited!
93. ✘ Write a poem
94. ✘ Go to the theatre
95. ✘ Watch a poetry reading
I particularly love Slam Poetry readings. They are life-changing!
96. ✘ Learn a new business ownership skill
97. ✘ Fix something around the house
98. ✘ Write down what I am grateful for every day
99. ✘ Develop a good habit
100. ✘ Stick to a New Years Resolution
My new years resolutions this year will be about working smarter with my blog and to do more exercise and meditation!
This post on ‘100 Things to Do This Year’ is ticked off throughout the year and then updated in December for the coming new year.
ARE YOU INSPIRED?
I hope that my list of 100 things to do in the new year will give you inspiration for your own list and that you are able to stick to it and have the most event-filled 2019 ever!
What items are you excited about adding to your
Share this with anyone you know who needs to get off the couch and start ticking things off their to-do list!